The Egos of Some Extras (Reprise)

The reason for this addition of the blog is to answer the question as to why I took off the Extra's Ego Blog out. The reason I took it out is quite simple the heat that was being collected on both sides of the issue was a little strong. Which I do not find correct even to the point I was called a hypocrite, which I find comical. The reason why I wrote is because if anyone was to tell me that egos of extras do not exsist on a set I would say are either blind or are lying. To that person that made the comment, first I respect that comment but I tell the truth in regards to what exsists on the sets here in Boston. From the cliques in the community to the favoritism that is also visible. So if you don't like the truth, that's fine. But I tell it like it is and others would agree. This blog is simply to inform, educate, discuss, and understand this rare occupation we call the movie business. With this blog you do not have to agree with me, but at least understand it. Thank you :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I think this is so strange...I was just talking with my husband about how there are "regulars" on the sets. Both my husband and I have done work as extras in a couple of films and noticed how they form their little groups and are very rude to new people. I don't even want to know what most of these people would be like if they really made it "big." They complain about EVERYTHING on previous sets they've been on...the lunch wasn't out in time, blah...blah. I feel like telling them to try a profession where that is the "everyday" like a nurse or a doctor...be real people...no one is forcing you into being an "extra" or a stand in. You wanted to work...do your job and get on with it...stop the petty complaints. uggghhh!!!!
Anonymous said…
As a former talent wrangler, I can say that in many cases, some extras are more diva-like than the celebrity. From complaining about food or boredom to stopping the director to ask questions about their 'role' ("your role is to walk down the street with the other 50 extras"), I was always amazed. We once had to bring out a call sheet and explain, "See this? This list says Talent. It's lists the actors. See this? This says Atmosphere. That's you. Now go sit down."

True, you get paid little if you go by how many hours you are on set. But you get fed (usually) and you get paid to sit and read the paper or a book or chat or otherwise do nothing for most of the day. Smart extras bring books/knitting/video games and make the most of it. Be cool, and you might get upgraded to featured extra.
Anonymous said…
Yes, there are PRIMA DONA extras. The ones who think they are better than everyone else. They are the ones who want to kill someone if they get featured. Some are just disgusting with their attitudes.

Popular posts from this blog

People agreeing to work and not showing up.

Keep your political views home..

SAG Strike close to NOT happening :)